Monday, November 6, 2017

The strange thing about writing, is the consistency.

The best authors tell you to set a goal for yourself daily. Word count, etc. I've tried that. Not so easy. lol.

For example. I'm working on the follow up book to Nothing More: Chains of Hope. I was powering through last week, then Friday I hit a wall. Sat down, and just couldn't wright. Made a few edits, but that was it.

I have found though, however, that writing is fun. I got back to writing this morning after 3 days of stalling. The words just flowed out of me. Once that began, it was fun again. Best advice I have seen, and heard, even from my father, is that if it feels like work, walk away. Come back when it feels like fun.

This morning, I had fun.

Nothing More: Uncharted (Book 2 of a 3 book series) is currently underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment